- Place 12 muffin cases on a tray.
- In a medium sized heavy-based pan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat. Once melted, stir in the cocoa powder, agave syrup, stevia sweetener and vanilla extract, and heat until you have a smooth liquid.
- Divide a third of the mixture between the 12 muffin cases, and put into the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Place the almond butter and nutritional yeast in a bowl, and mix until well combined. Remove the muffin cases from the fridge, and place half a teaspoon to a teaspoon of the almond butter mixture in the middle of each muffin case.
- Pour the remaining melted cocoa powder mixture over each one, making sure that you have covered the almond butter centre. Put the almond butter cups back into the fridge to set, and enjoy straight from the fridge as soon as they are solid!
TIP: You can use coconut palm sugar instead of the stevia, and desiccated coconut in place of the yeast.